PreMinder 1.9.1 has been released
24 January 2017
- Improvements to custom weekly repeating events.
- Added ability to convert multi-day spans to separate events.
- Various bug fixes and UI tweaks.
PreMinder 1.9 has been released
29 April 2015
- Refreshed user interface for Mac OS Yosemite.
- Contextual menus for individual events now appear when right-clicking on them in the Year View in the Calendar window.
- A target icon button for going to today's date is now available in the bottom right of the Day View window as well as in the top toolbar of the Calendar window.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
PreMinder 1.8.8 has been released
10 February 2015
This version contains various bug fixes. Work is continuing on updating the user interface to more closely match the new style of Mac OS X Yosemite for machines running that OS: this will be added in a future release. Version 1.8.8 will function on Yosemite nonetheless.
PreMinder 1.8.7 released, now supports Mac OS Yosemite
18 December 2014
PreMinder 1.8.7 is now available. It will now function on Mac OS X Yosemite. Also new in this version:
- Introduces a contextual menu option to export an individual event as an iCal file.
- Various bug fixes.
4 September 2014
PreMinder 1.8.6 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixes a problem with printing the Calendar View introduced in version 1.8.5.
26 August 2014
PreMinder 1.8.5 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixes to refreshing issues with windows.
27 June 2014
PreMinder 1.8.4 has been released. New in this version:
- Fix for printing Calendar window at different paper sizes.
- Fixes to refreshing issues in Preferences window.
- Other bug fixes.
2 March 2014
PreMinder 1.8.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Added option to show first letter of day of week before date in the Year View.
- You will now not be prompted to allow PreMinder access to your calendar and contacts each time it opens if you are using OS X Mavericks. You will only be prompted to do this the first time you open a new version update of PreMinder.
- Various improvements, tweaks and other bug fixes.
30 September 2013
PreMinder 1.8.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed a bug where setting an event with a start time in Quick Event or Follow-on Event would create the event one hour later than specified.
23 July 2013
PreMinder 1.8.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Various bug fixes and small improvements.
3 May 2013
PreMinder 1.7.7 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed an issue where Cut, Copy, Paste and Select All were not working in the New Quick Event window.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on a blank area in the Calendar view was not making a new event if this was the option set in Preferences.
- Other small fixes.
31 March 2013
PreMinder 1.7.6 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed an issue where creating a new span (banner event) when spans are set to be hidden in the calendar would not display spans correctly again in the calendar.
- Fixed some issues with incorrect saving of events when closing the Day View window in the middle of editing an event.
29 March 2013
PreMinder 1.7.5 has been released. New in this version:
- Added Appearance Preferences option for animated selection border for currently selected date in Calendar window.
- Various small improvements and bug fixes.
16 February 2013
PreMinder 1.7.4 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed issue where clicking on Dock icon when the license agreement window was displayed would bring up an error.
9 February 2013
PreMinder 1.7.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug where the scrollbar for the two month view was not working correctly when dragged.
3 February 2013
PreMinder 1.7.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Added option in View menu to show or hide Daily Notes in the Calendar window.
- Fixed bug where clicking or double-clicking on Daily Notes might not always open the Day View window.
2 January 2013
PreMinder 1.7.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed a bug which caused an error when the return key was pressed in the daily notes field in the Day View.
- Fixed some bugs with automatic abbreviation detection in the Quick Add Event window.
22 December 2012
PreMinder 1.7 has been released. New in this version:
- Added Quick Add Event menu option which recognises date and time expressions to add events even quicker.
- Added Database Preferences options which allow you to switch between different databases of events or keep your database on the disk and folder of your choice.
- Added option to show boundary lines between months in weekly or monthly views.
- Hovering over a date in the calendar view now displays the month on that day which is useful in large views like the two month view.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
29 September 2012
PreMinder 1.6.6 has been released. New in this version:
- Added Calendar Options sub-menu to View menu. This lets you switch between having the main calendar view scroll or show the minimum number of weeks when in month view. With this option enabled in month view, if the month only spans five weeks then five weeks are shown, otherwise six weeks are shown.
- The Calendar Options sub-menu in the View menu also lets you quickly switch between weeks starting on Monday and weeks starting Sunday. Previously this option was only in the Preferences window.
1 September 2012
PreMinder 1.6.5 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed issue with events being partially covered under larger span (multi-day banner event) sizes.
- 'Detach this Event' is now an option in contextual menus for repeating events as well as in the 'Edit Event' popup menu in the Day View window.
26 August 2012
PreMinder 1.6.4 has been released. New in this version:
- Added option to view spans (multi-day banner events) in different text sizes.
- Added option to reset an event's custom colour to the colour of its parent calendar.
- When changing an event to be in a different calendar, its colour will change to the colour of its new parent calendar in if its previous colour was the same as its old parent calendar.
10 June 2012
PreMinder 1.6.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Added Mini Events View to Year View. This can display several events per day in the Year View. As there is limited space, there are options to restrict each event to a certain number of words or characters.
21 May 2012
PreMinder 1.6.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Added Quick Sync option to sync events over a shorter time period, for example the last week or the last month, rather than four years worth of events.
- Added Preferences option for extremely lenient time recognition at the very start of event text in the Day View. For example, typing '1' at the start of an event in 12 hour mode would schedule the event at 1pm. Typing '1-3' would schedule the event at '1pm-3pm'. In 24 hour mode, typing '1' would schedule the event at '01:00h' and '13-14' would schedule the event at '13:00h-14:00h'.
- Fixed bug where entering times including the number 12 could be scheduled incorrectly.
- Fixed bug where converting an event to a span (multi-day event) or a span to a different length of time could set the wrong length.
21 April 2012
PreMinder 1.6.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Added option to detach an event from a repeating event so it can have different times, date, text or other information.
- Added Preferences option for setting custom colours for date numbers in the Calendar window.
- Exceptions to repeating events, such as one event moving to a different date, are now synced to external calendars such as iCloud. However, there are some ongoing issues with iCal linking to Google calendar which mean that exceptions to repeating events may not transfer to Google Calendar.
- Fixed bug where default text font and style was not being applied to new events in the Edit Events window.
- Fixed bug where PreMinder alarms with several URLs to launch were failing to trigger.
25 February 2012
PreMinder 1.6 has been released. New in this version:
- Added option to show a simple Hours Worked editing bar in the Day View window. This lets you enter start and end times and break duration, and calculates the hours worked for the day and current week. You can set which days of the week on which to show the Hours Worked bar in Appearance Preferences.
- Added Preferences option to change default behaviour when clicking in a blank area in a cell in the Calendar View. This can either be to start editing daily notes for the chosen date or to make a new blank event on the chosen date.
- Tweaks and bug fixes.
28 December 2011
PreMinder 1.5.5 has been released. New in this version:
- Added Preferences option to switch off scrolling of whole calendar. With this option off the main background colour for the calendar does not alternate between months, which is only necessary for the scrolling display.
- Added Preferences options to set the colour of the box highlighting the currently selected date and the colour of the box highlighting today's date in the calendar.
- Added Preferences option to turn off blending for the selection boxes in the calendar so they appear more prominent.
10 December 2011
PreMinder 1.5.4 has been released. New in this version:
- Added Preferences option to set a default interval before an event when an alarm should trigger.
- Printing the Day View now prints all text in notes and events fields rather than a screenshot of the Day View.
- Fixed an issue with printing under Mac OS 10.6.
- Other bug fixes.
3 November 2011
PreMinder 1.5.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Selected date in Calendar view is now shown by box around the whole field rather than the date number to improve visibiity.
- Added Appearance Preferences option to display abbreviated 12-hour times.
- Fixes issues with setting correct times for iCal alarms.
- Other bug fixes.
22 October 2011
PreMinder 1.5.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixes an issue where PreMinder would not launch under Mac OS 10.6.8 with the latest security update installed.
- Fixes an issue where PreMinder email alarms would not work under Mac OS 10.7.
- Fixes an issue where images could not be placed in the all-day notes field in Mac OS 10.7.
- Fixes some issues with dragging repeating events in the Calendar window.
Mac OS 10.6.8 and Security Update
20 October 2011
Unfortunately once the latest security update for Mac OS 10.6.8 has been installed on a Mac, recent versions of PreMinder will crash on startup. Please accept my apologies for this issue; I am trying to get to the bottom of it but it is proving problematic and may need some time. If you need to run PreMinder on Mac OS 10.6.8 please avoid installing the most recent security update from Software Update. PreMinder should function correctly on Mac OS 10.7.
UPDATE: This issue has been fixed in vrsn. 1.5.2.
14 October 2011
PreMinder 1.5.1 has been released. New in this version:
- When editing an event in the Day View, holding the shift key and typing return now saves the event and returns to the events list.
- When editing an event in the Day View, holding the option key and typing return saves the current event and creates a new event, ready to be edited.
- Fixed issue with resizing Calendar window from top edge.
- Fixed some minor issues with displaying and creating new events in the Day View schedule.
- Minor improvements to automatic time recognition for events.
- Fixed an issue preventing older versions of Growl from working with PreMinder
10 October 2011
PreMinder 1.5 has been released. New in this version:
- Import calendars directly from iCal. Link PreMinder calendars to iCal calendars so that when you edit or add events in PreMinder they are updated in iCal and on devices set to sync with iCal such as iPhones. Import from and sync with Google Calendar if iCal is set to sync with this service. Sync changes made to linked iCal calendars with PreMinder from the menu bar.
- Events in calendars linked with iCal support multiple iCal alarms.
- Print Calendar View now supports custom captions and titles. Print several months in one go.
- Multi-day events can repeat and have alarms.
- Events can be moved around and resized in the Schedule.
- Option to scroll indivdual cells in the calendar view under the mouse cursor.
- Improved, condensed display of birthday ages. Option to abbreviate words ‘birthday’ and ‘anniversary’ to ‘B’ and ‘A’ when importing birthdays and anniversaries from Address Book.
- Many bug fixes and tweaks.
30 July 2011
PreMinder 1.3.5 has been released. New in this version:
- Bug fixes to main search field popup menu.
- Bug fixes to search text system.
- Bug fix to Choose Calendar window, previously accidentally attempting to scroll list with mouse when there were too few items to scroll would cause errors.
25 July 2011
PreMinder 1.3.4 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed stability issues with Mac OS X Lion.
PreMinder 1.5 beta
2 June 2011
If you are interested in beta testing PreMinder 1.5, which is able to import calendars directly from iCal, and keep events synced with iCal and services such as Google Calendar and MobileMe, as well as devices like phones which you sync with your Mac, please sign up to become a tester at MacDeveloper.net and do a search for PreMinder.
27 April 2011
PreMinder 1.3.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug where trashing an event using contextual menu was not working.
- Other bug fixes.
Auto Update Issue from version 1.3.1
10 April 2011
If you have PreMinder 1.3.1 and use the automatic update option, an error message will be reported. Please delete the 'PreMinder older' application from your Applications folder and download the latest version by clicking here. When it has downloaded simply double-click on the Install PreMinder icon in the window that appears and the new version will be moved into your Applications folder and launched. Apologies for the update bug, this should be fixed in 1.3.2.
10 April 2011
PreMinder 1.3.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug where event alarms set to send an email containing comma characters were failing.
28 March 2011
PreMinder 1.3.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Added separate notes field for events. Hit the tab key when editing an event's title in the Day View to edit the notes field.
- Added option to display times in 24 hour format to View menu.
17 March 2011
PreMinder 1.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Added ability to add URLs, links to files, applications or documents to events. Right-clicking on an event brings up a list of the URLs which you can quickly jump to.
- Update to underlying architecture.
- Update to PreMinder icon.
- Simplified installation process.
29 January 2011
PreMinder 1.2.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug: when editing an event with Calendar in yearly view, text from another event could be appended to the event.
- Fixed clash between keyboard shortcuts for menu items 'Go to Today's Date' and 'Show Type Bar.'
22 January 2011
PreMinder 1.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Spans (banner events) can now be categorised by calendar like other events. A new untitled calendar will be created for existing spans on startup.
- Added option to change an event's start date in the repeat end date options window.
- Bug fixes.
6 December 2010
PreMinder 1.1.4 has been released. New in this version:
- Right-click on Calendars button in toolbar to bring up a menu that lets you quickly change the current calendar. It also gives the option to show the current calendar name in the button and show or hide all calendars.
- Preferences option to show bullet points in front of all events added.
- Bug fixes.
26 October 2010
PreMinder 1.1.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug in 1.1.2 where resizing to portrait in Print View was not working.
18 October 2010
PreMinder 1.1.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Improved export iCalendar file options. You can now export all calendars or just one of your calendars. You can also choose whether to export daily notes or not.
- Improved import iCalendar file options. You can now set which calendar to import events from a file into, or specify a new calendar.
- Option to show the name of the current active calendar in the Calendar button in the main toolbar. Right-click or control-click on the button for a menu to alter this option.
- Fixed a bug where entering a repeat of 0 years, months or days in the Reminders window could cause a freeze on refreshing the calendar.
14 September 2010
PreMinder 1.1.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Dates in the Address Book with a custom label can now be imported along with birthdays and anniversaries.
- Fixed bug, previously the presence of custom date labels in the Address Book could cause crash on importing.
10 September 2010
PreMinder 1.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Spans are now displayed in the Year View.
- Option for small, medium or large text size in Year View.
- Fixed bug where pasting text into an event could start generating errors when refreshing the calendar display later.
2 September 2010
PreMinder 1.0.9 has been released. New in this version:
- When dragging a span (banner event) to enlarge it, and the span is blocked by another on the same row, the span will automatically move down to the next free row and continue to scale.
- New options when context-clicking a span to move the span down a level or up a level.
- Bug fixes to spans.
- Bug fix, previously when dragging to create a new event in the schedule when the Edit Events window was open was throwing an error.
14 August 2010
PreMinder 1.0.8 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug from version 1.0.7 where creating a new span (banner event) was throwing an error message.
- Fixed bug where colour picker in span editing palette was not working.
12 August 2010
PreMinder 1.0.7 has been released. New in this version:
- Added support for a master colour for each calendar of events. Colour swatch picker added to Choose Calendars window.
- Added Restyle Whole Calendar feature in Choose Calendars window. Every event in a calendar can be set to a single colour, font or text size.
- Streamlined and clarified options in View Menu.
- Bug fix, previously importing some calendars containing certain types of custom repeat was causing problems.
- Other minor bug fixes.
3 August 2010
PreMinder 1.0.6 has been released. New in this version:
- Bug fix for Notes editing field, previously text was not wrapping.
- New preferences options allow for setting of different colours in Calendar View for Saturdays and Sundays, so weekends can be differentiated from weekdays more easily.
- Other minor bug fixes.
30 July 2010
PreMinder 1.0.5 has been released. New in this version:
- Bug fix for printed calendar view, previously this was missing bounding box on edges.
- Bug fix, previously the calendar view would not refresh immediately when a calendar was trashed or restored from the trash via the Choose Calendars window.
- Bug fix, previously some of the menus in the Print Calendar View window where not showing the right options when it opened.
- Bug fix, previously when switching from Year view to Month view the scrollbar was not displaying in the calendar.
22 July 2010
PreMinder 1.0.4 has been released. New in this version:
- Option to show one line of an event only in the Day View events list is now accesible from popup menu above events list as well as the View Menu.
- Bug fix for incorrect importing of custom repeating events falling on 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th weekday of a month.
9 July 2010
PreMinder 1.0.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Improved printing of Calendar view, with page size and other options. Choose 'Print this View' from the File menu to see the new options window.
- Option to show one line of an event only in the Day View events list.
- Bug fixes.
2 June 2010
PreMinder 1.0.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Drag and drop to change order of calendars list in Change calendars window.
- Live update to event repeats in Calendar when edited in Reminders window.
- Sound icon menu for event alarms added to Reminders window.
- Bug fix to sound icon menu in Events window.
- Bug fix to one line events view in Calendar.
- Bug fixes to Choose Calendars window.
14 May 2010
PreMinder 1.0.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Bug fix: clicking on events in year view was generating errors.
- Bug fix: clicking on event in Calendar when Reminders window was closed was generating errors.
- Bug fixes to Choose Calendars window.
10 May 2010
PreMinder 1.0 has been released. New in this version:
- PreMinder is now a shareware product. You can try it for free 15 times, after which a license key is needed to activate it. A single user license costs £20 (GB Pounds), which is around $30 (US Dollars) at the time of release.
- Bug fixes.
8 May 2010
PreMinder 0.9.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Anniversaries can now be imported from the Address Book as well as birthdays.
- Some minor enhancements.
21 April 2010
PreMinder 0.9.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Event exceptions can be created for repeating events. For example, you might want an event that repeats every Monday to happen on a Tuesday in one instance, or not have the event that week. To move an instance of a repeating event to another date, hold down the command key and drag that instance to another date in the Calendar window. To remove an instance for a particular date, right click on the event on that date and choose 'Don't show repeat on this day' from the popup menu. You can also remove exceptions you have created using the popup menu.
- Fixed bugs with the Alarm system.
18 March 2010
PreMinder 0.9.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug where adding an event using plus button after selecting text could fail to store the event if no time was detected in the text.
- Fixed bug where hitting return in top right search field was not displaying the search results window.
6 March 2010
PreMinder 0.9 has been released. New in this version:
- Multiple calendars can be created and events can be stored in different calendars.
- Search and replace text options.
19 December 2009
PreMinder 0.8.8 has been released. New in this version:
- Bug fix for editing end of repeats in Reminders window.
- Bug fixes for custom repeat dialog boxes.
18 November 2009
PreMinder 0.8.7 has been released. This version will move your database file containing all PreMinder events to a folder called 'PreMinder Data' inside 'Documents' inside your user folder.
- Quick Edit Repeat and Alarm settings for Events in the Edit event pane in the Reminders Window.
- Spans can now appear up to 8 levels deep in Calendar view.
- Bug fix for imported Calendars with incorrect day of week information were causing errors.
24 October 2009
This is a bug fix release that stops an error message from appearing when clicking on green tick button after editing an event, which had been happening in version 0.8.5.
23 October 2009
PreMinder 0.8.5 has been released. This is a bug fix release that corrects a problem when PreMinder returned to the foreground and the current Appearance theme was set to Graphite.
21 October 2009
PreMinder 0.8.4 has been released. New in this version:
- Improved Span (banner event) editing interface.
- Single-line events view option in Calendar.
- Various interface tweaks.
- New preference options including toggle auto-schedule as you type and field to set size of date numbers in Calendar.
- Bug fixes, including fixes to exporting iCal calendar files.
23 July 2009
PreMinder 0.8.3 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug where certain custom date formats in System Preferences would not be recognised and converted correctly.
26 June 2009
PreMinder 0.8.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Anniversary events can be created as well as birthdays which can tell you the number of years for the anniversary.
- New options for spring loaded palettes, including option to dock all palettes and maximise the Calendar or return all palettes to previous locations with one key combination.
- Slider in Reminders window can be toggled on and off with switch.
- New design for search in text field in Reminders Window.
- User interface graphics tweaks.
- Short month name displayed at start of a month in calendar view.
- Bug fixes, including some issues with calendar failing to refresh its display when new data had been entered.
5 May 2009
PreMinder 0.8.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Bug fixes
- New filter calendar by text option in top right search bar
- Contextual menus for events in Calendar window and events list in Reminders window
Information about next update
7 April 2009
I'm hoping to release another update soon. This should fix some bugs in 0.8 and add a sprinkling of features. The plan after this release is to finish off an interface change which will allow altering repeat and alarm information from the Reminders window, as the tall narrow Events window can add unnecessary clutter. It will still be available for those who like it. Then there will be a bit of extra polish and a basic event tagging system. The iCal sync is still in the works, but this is a long job, so parts of this may appear gradually over the coming year. As there's only me on this fairly large project and I can only work on it part-time, it can only go so fast.
28 November 2008
PreMinder 0.8 has been released. New in this version:
- New two month view
- New spell checking features including auto correction as you type option
- Lots of bug fixes, including fixes to alarm triggering for events
9 November 2008
Sorry for the long delay since the last update. I've been taking a break from developing PreMinder, but there should be an update out soon which will fix bugs and add a two month view. Once this is out there may be another wait as I am working on a way to sync PreMinder events with iCal's database, which would mean events in PreMinder could be synced with other devices too, such as the iPhone.
20 July 2008
PreMinder 0.7.2 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug where creating two schedule items directly after each other, or moving from the edit field in the Events window to the Reminders window caused the edit event display in the Reminders window to fill the event with incorrect information.
- Fixed bug where dragging to create an item in the schedule outside of the schedule area was causing an error.
16 July 2008
PreMinder 0.7.1 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed bug where dragging or clicking to create new events in the Schedule was generating an error message.
- Improvements to the Alarms system.
7 July 2008
PreMinder 0.7 has been released. New in this version:
- Greatly improved speed of importing calendar files.
- Fixed bugs where some repeating events would not be imported correctly, and application would fail to display calendars when trying to display these events.
4 July 2008
PreMinder 0.6.9 has been released. This fixes a bug that could cause startup to fail on altering the database if no alarms or events were present.
3 July 2008
PreMinder 0.6.8 has been released. New in this version:
- Fixed a bug where alarms were being triggered for events repeatedly at the wrong times.
- Fixed a bug where importing a calendar or creating new events would fail if a user had not stored any events in a previous version of PreMinder and then upgraded the version.
27 June 2008
PreMinder 0.6.7 has been released. New in this version:
- Software Update feature. This can check periodically for new versions of PreMinder over the Internet, and download and install them.
- Extra custom repeat event option allows an event to repeat on several ‘n’th weekdays of a month; for example: the first Monday of the month and the second Monday of the month. Up to eight of these repeats per month can be grouped into one repeating event. Previously eight separate repeating events would have been needed for this type of custom repeat.
- Further improvements and bug fixes to import and export of iCal and vCalendar files.
2 June 2008
PreMinder 0.6.5 has been released. This version fixes a bug with importing certain types of repeat events that occur on the last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday of a month. There is a new option to repeat events on every Monday, or Tuesday etc. of a month. It also allows spans to overlap up to three spans deep.
21 May 2008
PreMinder 0.6 Beta has been released. This version improves stability and performance and includes lots of bug fixes. It also adds a snooze feature to alarms set to pop up in an alert box. An alarm can be set to snooze for a certain amount of time and it will then pop up again. There have been some improvements to the import and export of iCal calendars. At the moment, Event alarms are not imported from iCal calendars. I will be working on adding this feature in a future release, as well as the ability to automatically retrieve events from iCal without having to export a calendar from iCal and then import it into PreMinder. Automtaic event retrieval from iCal will require Mac OS 10.5, but all other features in the program should continue to work in Mac OS 10.4 as well.
Mac OS 10.4 and Intel GMA 950 Graphics
21 May 2008
A quick note about Mac OS 10.4 and those of you using a Mac with the Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics system. This includes many models of Mac mini and Macbook. There is a graphics driver bug which means that under Mac OS 10.4 some text in PreMinder appears as unreadable black blocks. This is not a bug in PreMinder but is related to the graphics driver, the only workaround is to upgrade to Mac OS 10.5 where the bug has been fixed. Apologies for this, there is nothing I can do about it.
20 January 2008
PreMinder 0.5.5 has been released, with some minor bug fixes.
12 January 2008
PreMinder 0.5.4 has been released. It features an improved yearly view, which can now display repeating events as well as all-day reminders. You can choose whether to give priority to the display of an event or a reminder if there a both types of record for one day. Events also show up in the colours they have been assigned. A bug has been fixed that prevented the Calendar window from resizing in the yearly view.
10 January 2008
PreMinder 0.5.3 has been released. It features a new ribbon type toolbar instead of the type palette, which should work more reliably. PreMinder should now launch on volumes with long file names (longer than 31 characters), and with user accounts that have long filenames. Inserting images with long filenames should also work. There is still an issue when inserting images which are stored on a hard disk with a filename longer than 31 characters and I am working to fix this. There is also a new colour palette; you may find that colours of your spans and text have changed due to this. If you want to get these colours back, you can revert to the old colour palette by choosing the option 'Original' from 'Colour choices' in the 'View' menu.
I am also working on some stability issues, which are not my bugs; if you find PreMinder unexpectedly quitting please let me know as all information is useful and I can pass it on to the relevant parties. Once these are sorted out PreMinder can be upgraded from an alpha to a beta release.
Happy New Year
4 January 2008
Hello and Happy New Year! The PreMinder website is in the process of being updated in order to provide more information about how to use the software. Please bear with us while we prepare the Events section, the Reminders section is nearly complete. An update to the software is in the works, this will feature a new Type ribbon toolbar which will replace the Type palette, which was not always behaving reliably and was capable of getting lost behind other windows. A user has noticed that PreMinder will not launch if it is installed on a hard disk with a name longer than 31 characters, or if it is in a user folder with a name longer than 31 characters. A fix for this will be included in the next release.